As anyone who as at least one gadget in their home knows, the battery life quoted by manufacturers is rarely the battery life you get from the device once you’ve opened it.
By their very nature, all rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be serviced. If you find yourself charging your device more frequently, it might be time for a new battery but there is a number of things you can do in the interim to preserve battery life without having to take such drastic measures or spend money.
If your Macbook is the problem, here’s how to make it run longer. The bullet points give a summary and you can learn more about each individual step below.
How to give your Macbook battery life a boost
- Keep your software and apps up-to-date to make them as energy efficient as possible
- Enable Energy Saver mode
- Adjust the brightness levels of your screen and keyboard backlight
- Disable Wi-Fi when not in use
- Prevent your MacBook overheating or getting too cold
- Store it half-charged
- Buy an external battery pack