Energy balls, small balls of dried fruit, nuts and the like, I ate for the first time in Montreal in a small vegan bistro. I also have to make this healthy snack in between times, I thought. Said and done!
DATE AMARANTH ENERGY BALLS
Write a review
- 100 g of dried figs or dates
- 100 g of cashew nuts
- 15 g puffed amaranth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Put the dried fruit together with the cashews in a blender until a sticky mass is formed (it works best in a high-performance blender).
- If the knives can not turn due to the sticky mass, just add some water.
- Then mix in a bowl with the amaranth and the lemon juice and make small balls.
- Put in a glass and put in the fridge for at least one hour.
- With these healthy "chocolates" creativity knows no bounds. Coconut flakes, cranberries, hazelnuts, dried bananas or sesame seeds are also good.